This White Chicken Chili with WHOLLY® Guacamole is the perfect dish for those crisp fall evenings. Serve with CHI-CHI’S® Sweet Corn Cake mix for an added tasty bonus.
White Chicken Chili with WHOLLY® Guacamole
- 1 stick butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 ear corn, kernels removed
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, meat only, shredded
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 4oz can diced mild green chilies, drained
- 6oz Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons green onion (for garnish)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (for garnish)
- 4oz WHOLLY® Classic Guacamole (for garnish)
Heat butter over low/medium heat, add onion, garlic, and corn and sauté until slightly tender. In the same pot, mix in flour, and stir until mixed well.
Continue cooking flour mixture for approximately 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
Slowly stir in chicken broth and half and half, stirring constantly.
Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in hot sauce, chili powder and cumin.
Add beans, chilies, chicken and cheese and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add cilantro, green onion and shredded cheddar.
Add WHOLLY ® Classic Guacamole and serve.