Killer Grilled Chicken and Guacamole Burrito Bowl
Prep Time: 15 MINUTES | Cook Time: 20 MINUTES Total Time: 35 MINUTES
Turn things up a notch! Enjoy savory comfort food loaded with Mexican spices and topped with your favorite ingredients. Here’s a tip: make a double batch and have leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ears yellow corn, husks removed
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 8-ounces WHOLLY® Diced Avocado or 7.5-ounces WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE of choice
- Fresh cilantro, jalapeño slices, lime wedges
- Cook rice according to package directions. Stir in cilantro and keep warm.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon salt, cumin and next two ingredients.
- Brush corn and onion with oil. Grill chicken 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Grill corn and onion until lightly charred. Cut cobs into pieces or remove kernels from each cob.
- Divide rice mixture evenly among 4 bowls. Top each bowl with chicken, corn, onions, tomatoes and guacamole. Garnish if desired.
©2023 MegaMex Foods, LLC