Italian Lemon Zucchini with Avocado Pesto
Prep Time: 15 MINUTES | Cook Time: 5 MINUTES Total Time: 20 MINUTES
Enjoy a healthier version of your favorite pesto spaghetti with this easy zucchini pasta recipe! You combine fresh zucchini cut into zucchini pasta using a spiralizer tool. It’s topped off with a deliciously creamy homemade avocado pesto for the perfect touch.
- 6 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- For the sauce:
- 1 (8oz. package) WHOLLY® DICED AVOCADO
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 Tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, topping
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, add WHOLLY® DICED AVOCADO, basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and sea salt; pulse until finely chopped.
- With motor still running, add olive oil in a slow stream.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add zucchini noodles, cooking for about 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
- Add zucchini noodles to large bowl and toss with avocado pesto.
- Season with cracked pepper, cherry tomato slices and Parmesan.
©2022 MegaMex Foods, LLC