Black Bean Burger
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans; drained, rinsed & patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large jalapenos, finely diced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (7.8 ounce) package CHI-CHI’S® Restaurante Style Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 hamburger buns
- 6-8 Pepper jack cheese slices
- WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE Spicy
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Sprouts or lettuce
Heat oven to 325°F. On large rimmed baking sheet, place blacks beans. Bake 15 minutes, or until slightly dried out. Increase oven temperate to 375°F.
In medium skillet, over medium heat, heat oil. Sautee olive oil, jalapenos, onion and garlic 5-6 minutes or until softened.
In large bowl, combine sautéed mixture and remaining ingredients. Stir in black beans, mashing slightly.
Form mixture into 1/3 cup patties. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes, until crisp and cooked through.
Serve with your favorite toppings, WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE Spicy, as a burger.