Baked Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Prep Time: 10 MINUTES | Cook Time: 30 MINUTES Total Time: 40 MINUTES
Whether you’re looking for an easy dinner, a tasty snack or an impressive gameday spread, this easy to bake recipe is perfect. Dip with your favorite WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE for just the right amount of heat.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-pound ground chicken
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 ½ tablespoons diced chipotle peppers in sauce
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 16 taco style corn or flour tortillas
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking oil spray
- 8-ounce WHOLLY® Guacamole Spicy
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan, cook onions 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook on medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Add red bell peppers and seasonings, cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock.
- Add chipotle peppers, cream cheese and green onions. Remove from heat.
- Layer cooling rack on sheet pan and spray with cooking oil.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 45 seconds.
- Place one tortilla on rack, spoon small amount of chicken mixture into tortilla, top with cheese and fold tortilla in half. Repeat until done.
- Lightly spray top of tacos with cooking spray. Place additional sheet pan on top, pressing down to keep tacos closed.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Remove top sheet pan and broil on high for 1-3 minutes until tacos are golden brown.
- Top with WHOLLY® Guacamole Spicy and garnish with cilantro.
©2023 MegaMex Foods, LLC