Avocado, Asparagus and Zucchini Soup
Prep Time: 10 MINUTES | Cook Time: 25 MINUTES Total Time: 35 MINUTES
This avocado soup is easy and delicious. The avocado gives it a perfectly creamy texture. A nutritious soup for an easy weeknight dinner!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 8-ounces WHOLLY® Diced Avocado
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Parmesan crisps
- Chives, finely chopped
- Lemon zest
- In large pot, cook butter, onion and shallot on medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add garlic, cook additional 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, asparagus and seasonings. Cook 5-8 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
- Add vegetable stock and bring soup to boil. Let boil 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Stir in WHOLLY® Diced Avocado and Italian parsley. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer to blender and blend until smooth consistency is reached. (blend in batches, if needed)
- Transfer back to pot. Stir in half and half, then lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat over low-medium heat, if needed.
- Garnish servings with parmesan crisps, chives and lemon zest.
©2023 MegaMex Foods, LLC